Summer at Cal Poly Pomona

Summer Session FAQs

Billy Bronco Holding Luggage


The university needs additional time to set up the new summer course offerings and fee structure.

The BroncoDirect Class Search has Course Attribute filters, which you can use to look for specific GE designations. You can also review a course’s details to see if it has a specific GE designation. You can also see the 2023-24 General Education list in the University Catalog. You can review your Degree Progress Report in your Student Center to see which GE areas you may need to work on.

 If you have additional questions about General Education, contact the Bronco Advising Center.

The charts will be available on the Student Accounting & Cashiering Services website in the coming weeks.

Yes. You will be able to review the tuition and fee charts to estimate your costs. If you’re enrolling in non-GE courses, your per-unit cost will be different.

Enroll in 6+ units, and Financial Aid & Scholarships will assess your eligibility. Monitor your email and your financial aid page in your Student Center for updates.

All classes being offered in the three summer sessions will be offered in a mixture of online and in-person format.

For specific questions about Summer Session, email

Visit the housing website for more information.


The University Library is open for summer semester.  Check this page for current hours and services or check the library homepage for current hours and to search for books or journals. The computer lab at the east entrance is open 24/7; Bronco ID is required for entrance to the lab.

Yes, summer hours for dining locations around Cal Poly Pomona campus can be found here.


You should talk to your department chair. All departments are going to be collecting information about which classes should be offered this summer. They will be exchanging information about service and GE courses offered by other departments.


Registration is exactly the same for current Cal Poly Pomona students. Current students can register and pay fees through Bronco Direct. New and visiting students must contact the College of Professional and Global Education and register through Open University.


Summer fees do vary from other semesters and there is a cost savings potential in Summer depending on the types of courses and/or the number of units you are taking.  Please contact your advisor to discuss. You can also visit the student accounting & cashiering website for information. 


MBA courses will be offered as regular session courses and not as part of the self-support session.  The Graduate  Business  Professional fee will be charged.

The refund policy for summer session is different than for other academic terms. For more information, please see the Cal Poly Pomona Summer Session Payments & Refunds page.

Summer classes are self-supported. The state is not providing any funding for the faculty salaries or the other costs of running a course in summer.  Independent Study classes require significant extra fees because the faculty salary needs to be supported by a very small number of students.  The basic tuition fees for lecture and seminar classes do not cover the additional costs of other course types.

Yes, there is a payment plan for summer. There are several ways to pay for Summer, please visit the Payment Options page here for more details.

Financial Aid

It may be possible to adjust your financial aid disbursements to help cover summer session costs. Students should speak to their financial aid counselor to determine eligibility. There are financial aid options available, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

For information about Summer 2024 financial aid click here.