College of Science

Advising / Holds

These are the steps you must follow to be able to register for classes:

  1. Check BroncoDirect to see if you have a hold. If you don't have a hold, go ahead and register. Otherwise, check the screen to determine what kind of hold you have.
  2. Get an advising worksheet from the Computer Science Department office in 8-49 or download a worksheet (.pdf format).
  3. Fill in all of the information requested at the top of the advising worksheet. 
  4. Meet with a CS or CoS academic advisor to review the courses you would like to take the following three quarters.
  5. If your GPA is below a 2.2, make sure to review your grade points with your advisor to determine whether you are in danger of disqualification. You will be disqualified if your grade point deficit falls into one of the categories outlined below:
    Class Level Total Quarter Units Completed Grade Point Deficit
    Freshman/Sophomore Fewer than 90 22.5 or More
    Junior 90-134 13.5 or More
    Senior 135 or more 9.0 or More
  6. After completing the form, sign it and get your advisor to sign it. Then take the completed advising form back to the department office so that your advising hold can be lifted