Chemistry and Biochemistry majors are required to seek academic advising each quarter during the designated advising period. Advising for Summer and Fall quarters occurs in Spring quarter, advising for Winter quarter occurs in Fall quarter, and advising for Spring quarter occurs in Winter quarter. (The advising period is the two-week period before registration; see Schedule of Classes for exact dates.) Failure to complete the advising appointment will result in a hold being placed which will prevent the student from registering for classes. Follow the procedure below:
A schedule of available advising appointments will be posted on the door of the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department. Students can select the date and time with the faculty member of their choice, and sign up for that timeslot. It is important for students to sign up for, and keep, their scheduled appointments during the advising period! If you are unable to keep your advising appointment, you should contact your advisor immediately. If you fail to see an advisor during the advising period, you are responsible for finding an available advisor and making an advising appointment. (A list of advisors is available in the chemistry department office.) Once the appointment has been made, your advisor will be responsible for picking up your advising folder in the Chemistry and Biochemistry department.
Semester Conversion Information
Chemistry Course Possibilites- See how series courses will be affected with the change to semesters
- Semester Conversion Website
- MyPlanner: A New Tool to Help Students Graduate On Time
- Watch this tutorial and start to explore the MyPlanner: A new tool for planning courses!
- Academic Curriculum Sheets
- Online Academic Catalog
- Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Registrar's Office
- Change of Major information
- Substitution Petition Form (PDF)
- Preregistration Advising worksheet Form Spring(PDF)
- Preregistration Advising worksheet Form Summer/Fall (PDF)
- Preregistration Advising worksheet Form Winter (PDF)