Advancement to Candidacy
Advancement to Candidacy means having approval to begin work on the Master's Degree Thesis/Project. Work on the thesis/project officially begins with the first enrollment in CS 6910.
Advancement to Candidacy requires the following:
- Unconditional status
- The student must have satisfied all of the conditions imposed at the time of admission.
- Graduation Writing Test
- The student must have satisfied the GWT requirement.
- The student must have an approved contract on file.
- Academic standing
- The student must be in good standing (a 3.0 or better GPA).
- Completion of courses
- The student must have completed the essential preparatory course work. This doesn't necessarily mean having finished all of the courses on the contract, but does require that the student's thesis advisor deems the student ready to begin the thesis research. This usually means that most of the courses will have been completed.