Declare a Major or Minor
For information about University policies regarding changing majors or minors, see:
- University Catalog policies on Change of Major
- The Office of Student Success' Change of Major Guide, which walks you through the entire process
EML office staff are also happy to help you through the process of declaring a major or minor, or to answer questions about doing so. Come by the main office at 24-214, or call 909-869-3940.
The process of changing your major or minor, or of declaring one if you are undeclared, is relatively simple. You will need to fill out one of the following forms and submit it for the appropriate approvals:
- To declare a major: Petition to change major curriculum (e-form, CPP login)
- To declare a minor: EML Minor Program Course Approval (PDF)
- To make changes to your approved EML minor courses: CPP Minor Course Substitution Request (PDF)
- To drop a minor: Request to drop minor program* (e-form, CPP login)
* After dropping a minor, please inform the Minor Coordinator via email.
Many of our students major in another field of study as well as English or Spanish.
- To declare a double major: Petition to change major curriculum (e-form, CPP login)