Mission & Vision
Kinesiology is a multidisciplinary field dedicated to the study of complex interactions among molecular, physiological, biomechanical, psychological, sociological, and developmental aspects of human movement in health and disease. The mission of the Kinesiology and Health Promotion Department is to advance, apply, and disseminate knowledge through teaching, research, hands-on experience, and service programs that promote a lifelong healthy lifestyle for a culturally diverse university and surrounding community.
The Department of Kinesiology and Health Promotion seeks to become a nationally recognized, highly regarded undergraduate and graduate program through its innovative practices in teaching, research, and service to the community. The Department of Kinesiology and Health Promotion will realize this vision through:
- Its practice of identifying and utilizing the latest developments in teaching and research as they pertain to the field of kinesiology;
- Its learn by doing approach to education, which emphasizes both theory and practice by utilizing the latest resources for teaching and research, and collaborative research opportunities among faculty and students;
- Its quality research laboratories and state of the art equipment that will lead to the procurement of external peer-reviewed publications and presentations;
- Its diverse graduates, equipped with the skills and knowledge to successfully pursue the next stage in their development as lifelong learners, and who will ultimately impact the kinesiology community with their contributions as leaders, scientists, educators, and professionals;
- Its engaged partnerships that provide service in response to identified local, regional, state, and national need.