RESULTING FROM WITHDRAWING OR DROPPING ALL CLASSES
Students will be entitled to a full refund of mandatory fees, non-resident tuition, and tuition fee ONLY if they cancel their registration or drop ALL classes PRIOR TO FIRST DAY OF THE SEMESTER for an academic term (prior to January 18, 2020 for Spring 2020 Term).
Students who drop ALL classes on or after January 18, 2020 and up to 60% point in academic period (March 24, 2020 for Spring 2020) will be entitled to a pro-rata refund.
The pro-rata refund is determined on the basis of the date of the student's withdrawal and the length of the academic period. The length of the academic period is calculated from the first day of instruction through the final exam day of the academic period and excludes any breaks of five (5) days or more.
How to estimate the Pro-rated charge/refund:
- Find the date when the last class was dropped
- Get the percent for that date from "Proration Table (pdf)" column 2.
- And multiply that percentage to your full tuition charge (do not include housing, books or anything else that is not tuition). The result is your estimated tuition refund (if you have paid the full tuition), minus $5
- To calculate the charge after dropping all the classes
- Get the percentage, for the last class dropped, from "Proration Table (pdf)" column 3.
- And multiply that percentage to your full tuition charge (do not include housing, books or anything else that is not tuition). This is your estimated prorated tuition, plus $5 administrative charge.
Exceptions: Tuition and mandatory fees shall be refunded and no administrative charge if:
- Tuition and Mandatory fees were assessed or collected in error,
- The course for which the tuition and mandatory fees were assessed or collected was canceled by the university,
- The university makes a delayed decision that the student was not eligible to enroll in the term for which the mandatory fees were assessed and collected and the delayed decision was not due to incomplete or inaccurate information provided by the student.
- The student was activated for compulsory military service.
REFUND RESULTING FROM DROPPING SOME BUT NOT ALL UNITS:
Students who drop some but not all units resulting in a lower Tuition Fee and Non-Resident Tuition Fee (NRT) within the campus designated drop period (on or before February 3, 2020 for Spring 2020 term) and in accordance with campus procedures will be entitled to a refund of the applicable difference in Tuition Fee levels (full time 6.1 units or more) to (part time 6.0 or less) and the number of units charged for NRT.
ALL REFUNDS ARE AUTOMATED AND WILL BE SUBJECT TO A $5.00 ADMINISTRATIVE FEE.
Refund will be processed and mailed to your address of record after February 17, 2020.
Note: For students receiving financial aid, please be aware that any refund resulting from withdrawal or a change in program will first be credited to the financial aid funds awarded.
For the refund policy on Open University enrollments, please see CEU's Webster