International Transfer Student Orientation
Important Information for International Transfer Students
Thank you for choosing Cal Poly Pomona! We are excited to welcome you to the Bronco family! Students admitted for the Fall 2019 semester are required to complete a mandatory orientation in order to register for Fall 2019 classes. Students who do not meet their Orientation requirement will have a registration hold placed on their account.
International Students transferring from other US collegiate institutions will attend one of the Transfer Orientation Programs. Housing is not provided before or after the Orientation date. Students who are in need of housing before or after Orientation can visit this page. Please see below for instructions regarding your mandatory Orientation requirement:
Transfer International Orientation Requirement
You must complete all the requirements below:
If you need assistance with your Orientation registration, please contact Orientation Services at email@example.com or (909) 869-3604.
Before Orientation, students must complete the following steps:
- Visit the Admissions “After You’re Admitted” page and follow the instructions.
- Pay your Enrollment Confirmation via BroncoDirect by May 1. You cannot register for Orientation until you pay your ECD.
- Register for Orientation via BroncoDirect by June 3.
- Submit important documents required by the International Center.
- Submit test scores (TOEFL or IELTS, EPT/ELM, etc…)
- If you plan to live on campus, submit your Village application.
- Pay your Orientation Fee via BroncoDirect.
- Submit your immunization records to Student Health Services by July 15.
- Submit your final official transcripts.
- Complete the Alcohol e-CheckUpToGo online assessment before your Orientation date. (link will be sent to you.)
- Check your Cal Poly Pomona email regularly for updates.
- Get directions to the university and review the dynamic campus map or the campus shuttle map. Use our Getting Here website to find out information about local airports and public transportation.
- Print out your parking permit. The permit will be sent to you via email 1 week before your Orientation date.
What should I bring to Orientation?
We will take care of your meals. To make your stay more comfortable, we recommend you bring the following:
- Bronco ID number and password.
- Unofficial transcripts from your previous institutions.
- A printed copy of your Transfer Credit Report.
- A government-issued photo ID card (such as a driver’s license or passport).
- Test scores (EPT/ELM, SAT, SAT II, AP, Aleks PPL, etc…) if applicable.
- Comfortable shoes and casual clothing.
- Any medication you may need.
- Extra spending money (for bookstore items, snacks, etc…).
Is there anything I need to do after Orientation?
There are a few things you will need to do before school starts: