International Transfer Student Orientation

Important Information for International Transfer Students

International Students transferring from other US collegiate institutions will attend one of the Transfer Orientation Programs. Housing is not provided before or after the Orientation date. Students who are in need of housing before or after Orientation can visit this page.

Orientation is a mandatory requirement for enrollment at the University. Students who do not attend this Orientation will have a registration hold placed on their account.

Students should register for this event via BroncoDirect.

International Transfer students must also attend the International Center program, Success 101. For more details click here.

What should I do before I attend Orientation?

Before Orientation, students should complete the following steps:

  • Visit the Admissions “After You’re Admitted” page and follow the instructions.
  • Pay your Enrollment Confirmation via BroncoDirect by May 1. You cannot register for Orientation until you pay your ECD.
  • Register for Orientation via BroncoDirect  by June 1.
  • Submit the documents required for the issuance of your I-20. (See the list on the “After You’re Admitted” page.)
  • Submit test scores (TOEFL or IELTS, EPT/ELM, etc…)
  • If you plan to live on campus, submit your Village application.
  • Pay your Orientation Fee via BroncoDirect.
  • Submit your immunization records to Student Health Services by July 15.
  • Submit your final official transcripts.
  • Complete the Alcohol e-CheckUpToGo online assessment before your Orientation date. (link will be sent to you.)
  • Check your Cal Poly Pomona email regularly for updates.
  • Get directions to the university and review a campus map. Use our Getting Here website to find out information about local airports and public transportation.
  • Print out your parking permit. The permit will be sent to you via email 1 week before your Orientation date.


What should I bring to Orientation?

We will take care of your meals. To make your stay more comfortable, we recommend you bring the following:

  • Bronco ID number and password.
  • Unofficial transcripts from your previous institutions.
  • Printed copy of your Transfer Credit Report.
  • Government issued photo ID card (such as a driver’s license or passport).
  • Test scores (EPT/ELM, SAT, SAT II, AP, Aleks PPL, etc…) if applicable.
  • Comfortable shoes and casual clothing.
  • Sunscreen.
  • Any medication you may need.
  • Extra spending money (for bookstore items, snacks, etc…).


Is there anything I need to do after Orientation?

There are a few things you will need to do before school starts:

  • Pay your fees.
  • Attend Success 101. For dates and times, click here.
  • Attend CPP Fest

    • The university offers a kickoff event, after orientation programs and before classes begin, called CPP Fest. Participating in CPP Fest is part of your new student experience.