Orientation Services

Transfer Checklist (Summer 2020)

You must accept your admission offer and pay your ECD in order to make your Virtual Advising and Registration reservation and access your Online Orientation.

Tutorial: How to Accept Your Admission Offer & Pay Your ECD

Virtual Advising and Registration reservations were available from May 15 to June 8.

You must complete your CPP Online Orientation in order for your Orientation Registration (ROS) hold to be removed. Be sure to finish your Online Orientation by your Virtual Advising and Registration date. The Online Orientation takes about 2 hours to complete. You can save your progress and return to complete it. We recommend you take a few breaks throughout the Online Orientation program. You can use any Internet-connected device to complete the Online Orientation (computer, tablet or smartphone).

Successfully completing the CPP Online Orientation means that you have viewed all nine sections and passed the final test with a score of 80% or higher. Once you complete the CPP Online Orientation, your Orientation Registration (ROS) hold will be removed the next business day.

You must submit your ECD before you can access the Online Orientation.

CPP Online Orientation

For details about submitting official transcripts and test scores, visit the Admitted Transfers section of the CPP Admission website.

MyCPP is your central portal to online CPP resources, including those that you'll use during your Virtual Orientation Experience, especially Blackboard, BroncoDirect and Zoom. Sign in to MyCPP with your BroncoName and password.

Before your Virtual Advising and Registration date, be sure to review the New Student Registration Guide and check out Student Success Central for key advising resources, the academic calendar, videos, contact information, and more.

In order to register for Fall 2020 semester classes on your Virtual Advising and Registration date, you must clear all negative holds indicated in your BroncoDirect Student Center holds section. Some holds are simply there to provide information.

The Bronco Card is the official Cal Poly Pomona photo identification card for all Cal Poly Pomona faculty, staff, students and affiliates. It can also be used for dining services and convenience store locations, as well as access to campus services, buildings, and laboratories.

Visit the Bronco Card website for complete photo guidelines, FAQs, and the photo upload link.

Small group advising sessions will be conducted over Zoom and you will register remotely via BroncoDirect. You will receive an email the week before you Virtual Advising & Registration date from the Bronco Advising Center (bac@cpp.edu) with your Zoom log-in instructions and information on what you need to do to prepare. Be certain to check your CPP email account!

You can access Zoom via MyCPP. Be sure to use your BroncoName and password when logging in to Zoom. You can use Zoom on your computer, tablet or smartphone.

The student edition of the Orientation Resource Guide is loaded with information about your new home, including how to get involved, where to find academic support, and much more. Use your CPP credentials to log in and download the guide and review it before your iMeet CPP session.

This is your chance to connect with your Orientation Leader and other new students. You can meet some of your fellow new Broncos and learn about how your Orientation Leader will support you throughout the summer. Check your CPP email for information about your small group session. You can access Zoom via MyCPP. Be sure to use your BroncoName and password when logging in to Zoom. You can use Zoom on your computer, tablet or smartphone.

Virtual engagement opportunities are on-going through the entire summer! You can log in to as many webinars as you would like about the topics and resources you are interested in. The CPP community is excited to connect with you virtually this summer. You can find the virtual engagement calendar in the CPP Online Orientation platform and in the reminder emails you will receive from Orientation. Be certain to check your CPP email often.

After your Virtual Advising and Registration date and your first Orientation Leader small group meeting, check your CPP email for the Virtual Orientation Experience Evaluation. Your feedback is important to us and we hope you will take time to share your experiences.

Complete details on how to submit your immunization records can be found on the Student Health Immunization Requirements website.

Having up to date information in BroncoDirect ensures that the campus can contact you if needed. Plus you'll be able to use BillyChat! Log in to MyCPP to access BroncoDirect.

Visit the BillyChat website for a tutorial on how to update your contact information in BroncoDirect.

Even if you are receiving financial aid, it is important to check your student account after the disbursement date to see if you have an outstanding balance. Ensuring your fees are paid on time will help you avoid any holds on your student account for non-payment.

Visit the Student Accounting and Cashiering Services website for complete information on fee due dates and payment options.

Download the CPP Mobile App for access to campus maps, BroncoExpress Shuttle updates, class information, Bronco Athletics, and much more! iOS and Andriod versions are available, plus a web interface.

All incoming students must complete StrengthsQuest before the start of the Fall semester. 

The StrengthsQuest assessment gives students the opportunity to develop strengths by building on their greatest talents -- the way in which they most naturally think, feel, and behave as unique individuals. With StrengthsQuest, students discover their greatest natural talents, improve their grades and increase their learning by making the most of their talents & strategically determining a rewarding career path based on who they are as uniquely talented individuals.


  1. Click the "StrengthsQuest Assessment" button below.
  2. Click on "New Account."
  3. Create an account using your CPP email; do NOT use your personal email address.
  4. Check your CPP inbox for an email from Gallup Marketing titled "Account Registration"
  5. Within the email, you need find and click on a long website in order to validate your email address.
  6. A separate window will pop up showing "Activation Confirmation - Your Gallup account has been activated. Please sign in to manage your account or subscription services."
  7. Click on "sign in" and log in using your CPP email.
  8. Follow the instructions and click on "LET'S GO!" to get started.
  9. Click on "Take the CliftonStrengths assessment" option.
  10. It takes approximately 35 minutes to complete this assessment, be sure to set aside sufficient time.

StrengthsQuest Assessment


Welcome to your first fall semester at Cal Poly Pomona!  We are excited to have you join the Bronco family and have a full schedule of fun and informative online events called "CPP Fest Plus" planned to help you get connected with other students as well as introduce you to important resources that you may need this year.

Please join us on Wednesday, August 19th for our CPP Fest Plus Welcome Event.  During the welcome, you will meet your Associated Students, Inc. student leaders and key administrators and get a look at the events and resources available to you during CPP Fest Plus!