University Police

Emergency on Campus - Call (909) 869-3070

Emergency on Campus banner

Police Front Desk

Why (909) 869-3070?

When you dial 9-1-1 from a cell phone on campus, it gets routed to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), possibly delaying service. Calling (909) 869-3070 from a cell phone routes the call to CPP police immediately.

Note for faculty/staff: Dialing 9-1-1 from a landline campus phone will also route directly to CPP Police and avoid delays.

Be Proactive - Save the 3070 Number as a Contact on your Cell Phone


Step One: Open the 'Contacts' app on your phone
Step Two: Create a new contact named 'CPP Emergency'
Step Three: Save 909-869-3070 as the phone number
Step Four: 'Favorite' the contact so it's readily accessible
Doing this now will help in case of an on-campus emergency.

For Faculty: Language to Include in your Syllabus

To-Do: Calling 9-1-1 from a cell phone on campus could delay service. Instead, call CPP Police directly at (909) 869-3070. Take out your cell phone now and create a new contact named ‘CPP Emergency’ with the (909) 869-3070 number. Favorite it for easy access so you’re prepared if you see an emergency on campus. To learn more, please visit