Registrar's Office

Degree & Enrollment Verifications

Cal Poly Pomona has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide all enrollment and degree verifications.

If you are a current student, you can access your enrollment verification by using the FREE Student Self-Service (SSS). This service will give you the ability to print official enrollment verification certifications, view your enrollment history and enrollment verifications provided at your request. You can access Student Self-Service by logging onto the National Student Clearinghouse link provided in the Enrollment Verification section using your Bronco ID and password.

If you are a former student who has been withdrawn from CPP for more than six months, request for enrollment or dates of attendance may be made via e-mail to and should include your name when enrolled, the last four digits of the Social Security Number and the date of birth for verification purposes, and specify the purpose of the enrollment verification.

Alumni or third parties may obtain instant degree verifications and/or dates of attendance at

To ensure accurate campus location is selected, please use the campus OPEID 001144-00. The services provided by the Clearinghouse are in full compliance with all applicable privacy laws including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).


Enrollment Verification Degree Verification

Companies contracted with NSC



Non-contracting companies



*Fee may apply and pay online, or make all checks payable to the National Student Clearinghouse and send requests to:

National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
Phone: (703) 742-4200 
Fax: (703) 742-4239

Current Students
Students requesting enrollment verification can go through BroncoDirect to access the National Student Clearinghouse system. There is no fee for this service. Once you have accessed BroncoDirect, please follow the steps below:   

  1. Once in BroncoDirect, click on “Obtain Enroll Verification” under Student Self Services to --> Additional Services.
  2. Click on “View My Status of Enrollment Verification”.
  3. You will be prompted to the verifications page. Click on the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) link.  This will take you to the NSC Student Self-Service site.
  4. Select either “Current Enrollment” or “All Enrollment”, then click on “Obtain an Enrollment Certification.”
  5. Please be sure to LOG OFF after obtaining your enrollment certification.
*You may also choose other NSC services on this page.

Employers/Background Screening Firms/Outside Agencies
Requests for enrollment verifications made by anyone other than a current student can be made directly through the National Student Clearinghouse Verification Services online, by mail, fax or phone. There is a fee for this service.

Students requesting for In-School Deferment may email the request to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) at, provide the lender information to NSC, and the deferment form requires the following: 

  1. Student’s Full Name
  2. Student’s Social Security Number
  3. Date of Birth
  4. Student’s Signature
  5. Your School Code
  6. Loan Holder or Servicer’s Address
  7. Academic Terms in question

Students and Employers/Background Screening Firms/Outside Agencies
Requests for degree verification are made directly through the National Student Clearinghouse Verification Services online, by mail, fax or phone. There may a fee for this service. 

You may also email the request to and include the requestor’s email address. NSC will respond to the requestor.

Federal Background Investigator

Requests for enrollment or degree verification made by a Federal Background Investigator must be submitted via DoD Safelink or Fax, contact information as follows:

We encourage you to send the request via DoD Safelink for faster processing time.  If this is a fax request, a copy of an unofficial transcript may be available to pick up in 3 - 5 Business days.  You’ll be notified when the transcript is ready for pick up in person at the Blue Counter in the Student Services Building 121.

Please note if this is a request for verification of enrollment before Fall 2003, the processing time may take longer.