Registrar's Office

Transfer Credit Information

Undergraduate Students

Students transferring into Cal Poly Pomona may be awarded credit for courses completed at other regionally accredited colleges and universities. Students must submit an official transcript from each institution where they completed courses. Upon receipt of the transcript, CPP course and/or unit credit is determined. Transfer courses may be applied toward specific requirements, such as general education or major requirements, or serve as elective credit.

A maximum of 70 semester units or 105 quarter units transferred from community colleges may be applied toward the cumulative unit requirement for a Bachelor's Degree (subject to change when the University converts to a semester calendar).

Transfer courses are applied toward degree requirements and are based on factors such as articulation agreements, unit limitation and GE certification. For specific transfer credit information, please see the links below. If after reviewing your Transfer Credit Report you have questions, please contact your Transfer and Graduation Advisor. 

Additional Graduation Requirements
The American Cultural Perspectives Requirement is a graduation requirement satisfied by completing the equivalent of an approved course from the list shown in the Cal Poly Pomona Catalog. Please note that completing the CSU Breadth General Education Certification pattern or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) does not guarantee satisfaction of this requirement. Contact the Registrar's Office for more details.

If you have taken a course in American Government at a college or university outside California or at a college or university in California that is not part of the California State University (CSU) or California community college system, or if you earned credit for American Government through an AP exam in high school, you may have been told that you still need to take a test in order to demonstrate knowledge of California government. Visit California Component Exam Information to learn more.

Associate Degrees for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) - Student Transfer Achievement Reform (STAR) Act (SB 1440)

California Community College students who earn a transfer associate (AA-T or AS-T) degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing to a CSU and given priority admission over other transfer applicants when applying to a local CSU campus, or non-impacted CSU program. AA-T or AS-T admission applicants are given priority consideration to an impacted campus/program or to campuses/programs that have been deemed similar to the degree completed at the community college. Students who have completed an AA-T/AS-T in a program deemed similar to a Cal Poly Pomona major are able to complete remaining requirements for graduation within 60 semester units (90 quarter units). Roadmaps outlining the recommended plan for completing the 60 additional semester units (90 quarter units) are available.

View more information on A Degree With a Guarantee Associate Degree for Transfer Program.


Graduate Students**

The following unit limitations on transfer courses apply to graduate students:

A maximum of 13 units from an accredited institution or from Extended University may be applied to the Master's Degree requirements with departmental and college approval. Time limits apply to the acceptance of transfer courses.

**Note: Subject to change when the University converts to a semester calendar.


Additional Information for Transfer Credit

ACE Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services
American Institutions Requirement: CA Component
AP/IB/CLEP Scores (Credits)
Extended/Open University
Transfer Students and GE Certification
Regional Accrediting Agencies