Sponsor or Third Party Fee Payment

Policies and Procedures

The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum.  Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate.  Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees, without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun.  All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by The Board of Trustees.

Understanding Your Student Account Information

You may access your student account through BroncoDirect by going to the Account Inquiry link in your Student Center under Finances. See "Understanding Your Student Accounting Information".

PLEASE NOTE:  FEES ON STUDENT ACCOUNTS CAN BE SPONSORED (PAID FOR) BY ORGANIZATIONS (THIRD PARTY SPONSORS).   Third Party Sponsors can be an Employer, Military, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation or Foreign Governments.  Scholarships and Grants are NOT sponsorships. If you have questions about a scholarship or grant, please email the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at: financial_aid@csupomona.edu or call (909) 869-3700.

Third Party Sponsorship

  • Third Party Sponsorships are a contractual agreement with the University or prior arrangement and authorization with Student Accounting.

  • Third Party Sponsors submit authorizations to pay for tuition and other fees, parking, housing and meal plans.

  • Authorizations may pay some portion or all of the registration fees.   (We do not accept authorizations for ID cards, tests, application fees or diploma fee.)

  • Third Party Sponsorship authorizations MUST be submitted on the Sponsor’s letterhead by mail, email or fax.

For questions regarding Third Party Sponsorship information contact:   

Student Accounting & Cashiering Services
Building 98, B1-123
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768


Brenda Flores, Student Accounts Specialist
email: bjgarcia@csupomona.edu

Phone: (909) 869-2032

Daisy Ratonel, Student Accounts Specialist

Phone: (909) 869-3696

The authorization and financial guarantee must be submitted prior to registration or prior to the payment due date. Otherwise, the student will be disenrolled for non-payment.
Registration dates, information regarding fees DUE DATES, and Tuition & Fees information are published on the Student Accounting & Cashiering Services website.

Corporation/Organization: A contractual agreement with the University or prior arrangement with Student Accounting & Cashiering Services is required from the sponsoring corporation/organization. Students must send the authorization to Student Accounting & Cashiering Services. The agency authorization must be on company letterhead stationary with an authorized signature.

  • Federal Government: A signed authorization must be on letterhead stationary of a recognized branch of the Federal Government.

  • International Students/International Embassy: Government sponsored students should submit a billing authorization letter to Student Accounting & Cashiering Services. The University will bill the Embassy and payment must be remitted within 30 days of the invoice date.

  • Military/ROTC: Enclose an authorization on letterhead stationary or 1556 Form/SF182 Form, which clearly indicates the sponsoring agency to be billed.  (The authorization must bear the signature of the commanding officer or recognized official. Payment from the sponsoring agent is required within 30 days of the invoice date).

  • State and Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation: Enclose a signed authorization from the appropriate sponsoring agency (State Department of Rehabilitation or Veterans Administration).

The Following Information is Necessary for a Valid Authorization

  • The student is responsible for any portion of the tuition and other fees not covered by the Sponsor/Third Party.

  • Any changes or deletions to the authorization must be emailed in writing to Student Accounting & Cashiering Services immediately to sacs@csupomona.edu , so the contract can be adjusted prior to the date the term begins.

  • Term and Year the authorization is valid (i.e., Fall 2012).

  • Full name of the Student, Bronco ID number or social security number for identification.

  • Amount specified or description of all charges related to specific types of fees (i.e., tuition and registration fees).

  • Authorizations with payment restrictions or conditions will not be accepted (i.e., Student must pass coursework with grade of C or better before authorization is valid).

  • Must be signed by an authorizing agent and/or person to contact.

  • Must include a complete billing address for invoicing.

FOR OFFICE USE ONLY:  Upon receipt of the Authorization with ALL valid components, an Organization ID and a term contract will be created. If one already exists, the new authorization is linked to that contract.  At this point, when the student registers, the authorized charges are moved from the student’s account to the sponsor’s account.  The student account will show paid by Sponsor/Third Party.  The University will invoice the Sponsor/Third Party for the amount credited to the student’s account.


After Census Date (approximately 15 days after the start of the quarter), an invoice of the outstanding charges will be mailed to the Sponsor/Third Party.

  • The full amount is due on the invoice due date (within 30 days). 

  • If the invoiced amount is not paid in a timely manner:

  • The contingent Sponsor/Third Party credit on the student’s account will be reversed, and student will be held responsible to pay this amount to Cal Poly Pomona at that time.

  • An automatic financial hold will be placed on the student’s account, which will prevent further services until fees are paid in full.

  • Check payments should be mailed to the address on the invoice, with a copy of the invoice for proper credit.

Acceptable Forms of Payment

  • Checks: Made payable to Cal Poly Pomona.
  • Wire Transfers: Call Jennie Chew, Student Accounts Specialist, in Student Accounting & Cashiering Services for banking instructions at (909) 869-2019.

Updated October 27, 2014