College Celebrates Commencement with Class of 2018
This slideshow contains 3 slides that will change every 8 seconds. The first button is to play and pause the slideshow, followed by buttons to go to the previous slide, next slide, or choose individual slides.
Roselle Gabrielle Mendez was honored as the Julian A. McPhee Award recipient as the college's valedictorian. University President Soraya Coley presented Mendez with the award medallion.
Published Date: Jun 18, 2018 6:00:00 PM
The Huntley College of Agriculture celebrated the end of the 2017-18 academic year with its annual Commencement.
Nearly 500 undergraduate and graduate students participated in the June 8 Commencement ceremonies at the University Quad.
In addition to the conferral of the degrees to the Class of 2018, the college also honored several students, faculty
- Rose Gabrielle Mendez was honored with the Julia A. McPhee Award as the valedictorian.
- Joseph Wolf was the John E. Andrews Undergraduate Student Leader of the Year.
- Oscar Del Real was the John E. Andrews Graduate Student Leader of the Year.
- Olive Li, associate professor of human nutrition and food science, was honored as the Teacher of the Year.
- Cord Brundage, assistant professor of animal and veterinary sciences, was honored as Advisor of the Year.
Jaeger,was honored as Staff of the Year.
It was the last Commencement under the quarter system. The university is converting to the semester system this fall, and next year's Commencement ceremonies will take place in May instead of June.