College of Agriculture Celebrates 2016 Commencement
Published Date: Jun 14, 2016 12:00:00 PM
With pomp and circumstance, nearly 500 students graduated at the College of Agriculture’s Commencement ceremony on June 12.
The students marched into the Campus Quad in their caps and gowns, waving to friends and family members before being seated for the ceremony.
The ceremony included the recognition of the following award winners:
- Julian A. McPhee Award: Scott E. Rosas
- Teacher of the Year: Assistant Professor Joanne Sohn
- Advisor of the Year: Professor Valerie Mellano
- Staff of the Year: Tony Espinas
- John E. Andrews Undergraduate Student Leader of the Year: Bret Timmons
- John E. Andrews Graduate Student of the Year: Bec McDorman.
The students then began lining up to receive their diplomas, starting with the master’s degree candidates, and then proceeding to the bachelor’s degree candidates by department.