College of the Extended University

Required Financial Support

Under Department of State regulations, the University is responsible to verify that the international visitor will have adequate financial resources for travel, living and miscellaneous expenses.  A minimum of $1200 per month for non-academic expenses (housing, transportation, insurance, etc.) is recommended.  Additionally, $500 for spouse and $250 for each dependent should be allowed per month.  The college or department must provide documentation regarding any amount of financial support the scholar will receive from the campus or from another source.