Labs and Software
- Computing Commons, 98, C5-13, (909) 869-6331.
- Forensics Lab, 98, C4-22, specialized forensics lab.
- Studio 6, 98, C6-13, multimedia lab.
- Telecommunications Lab, 98, C4-23.
- Lab hours posted at telecom lab.
Microsoft downloads using your Cal Poly Pomona user name and password:
Through the Microsoft Academic Alliance program, CIS students can download the most current versions of Microsoft's platform, server and developer tools. Requests for physical media (e.g., DVDs) involve a nominal cost.
Noted: Windows 10 is available here: https://cpp.onthehub.com
If you are on PC or you are on Mac but already have Windows OS (8.1 or 10) installed, to download and install Office 2019 and Access 2019 :
- Go to Cal Poly Pomona's homepage,
- Click on the link "Email" at the bottom of the page.
- Log into Outlook email with your Cal Poly Pomona user name and password.
- Click on the button "Office 365" on the top left corner.
- You will be redirected to office.com and remain logged in.
- Then click the button "Install Office" to download the software, which contains Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Access.
If you are on Mac and don't have Windows Operating System installed, you can still install Office 2016 including Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your Mac. You can also get Access installed but you first need to install Windows OS (8.1 or 10, 10 is better) on your Mac via either Bootcamp (come with your Mac so it's easier but you just need to reboot into it) or a virtual machine like VMware:
- To get Windows 10 you can go to this Microsoft Azure for Education website,
- Then log in with your Cal Poly Pomona user name and password.
- Once logged in, under Education - Software, then look up "Windows 10".
- *To get VMware (optional) you can go to CIS department's "Current Students" then "Labs and Software" page.
- Click on the link "California State Polytechnic University - Computer Information Systems - Microsoft Imagine", you will be redirected to onthehub.com
- Then, log in with your Cal Poly Pomona user name and password.
- Look up "VMware Fusion".
- Click "Add to cart" and follow instructions to download.