RAMP Grant Aid
2021-22 application is due Friday March 25, 2022 @ 4PM
RAMP provides grant aid to supplement the Pell grant to a limited number of qualifying students who apply.
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements prior to applying for the grant:
- Be a RAMP participant
- Be in your first two years of college
- Receiving a Pell Grant
- Have an unmet financial need of at least $650
- Be in good academic standing
- Have no INC/WU/W in any fall courses
- Enrolled full-time (at least 12 units per semester)
Eligible participants must complete several RAMP requirements and write an essay before the application deadline. These requirements afford students opportunities to familiarize themselves with the campus community while enhancing their academic, professional, cultural, and/or personal growth. These requirements include:
- Attend at least 10 reading tutorials (beginning week 3 of each term)
- Attend at least 1 Professional Spotlight (one offered each term)
- Attend at least 1 group peer mentoring session (offered weeks 9-12 each term)
- Attend at least 1 First-Gen Crew (four offered fall) or First-Generation College Student Panel (two offered spring)
- Attend at least 1 financial literacy, financial aid, or academic success workshop (several offered each term)
- Attend at least 1 advising meeting with your RAMP advisor each term
Sign up for workshops and events by visiting RAMP's events page.
To accommodate for the challenges presented in the virtual format, the 2021-22 required activities have been revised from pre-Covid years to allow for more flexibility and the number of tutorials have been reduced. Click here to download this year's application.
RAMP has been awarding grant aid since 2001. In the 2010–11 academic year, the grant aid was converted to a competitive scholarship format. RAMP is pleased to continue offering such a valuable opportunity to students.