In addition to government internship and job obligations, the CPP-SFS program scholars are required to participate in the following activities:
- Complete a cybersecurity and information assurance curriculum as approved by the program director. Sample curriculum: Cybersecurity BS Computer Science and Cybersecurity MS Computer Science.
- Participate in National Cyber League and Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition training for hands-on experience in cyber security Cybersecurity Extracurricular Activities.
- Develop problem solving skills in emergent information assurance and security topics such as smartphone security and Cyber Physical System security through undergraduate research Cybersecurity Research.
- Present the research findings as posters in Annual Cyber Security and Awareness Fair and/or Annual Student Research Competition Cybersecurity Poster Competition.
- Prepare for professional certifications, attend local information assurance organization activities and participate in student club activities Cybersecurity Orgs.
- Participate in K-12 outreach activities by mentoring high school students in programs such as GenCyber and Cyber Patriot Cybersecurity Outreach.