The Accounting Department at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona invites applications from qualified professionals to join our part-time lecturer pool. We are especially interested in individuals who are qualified to teach:
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Advanced Accounting
- International Accounting
- Forensic Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Government and Not-For-Profit Accounting
- Appropriate master’s degree from an AACSB accredited school or a J.D. degree from a recognized and accredited institution,
- An active CPA, CMA, CIA, or CFE license, and
- Relevant professional experience.
- Ph.D. in Accounting, MS in Accountancy, MBA with Accounting concentration.
- College level teaching experience.
- Extensive industry experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to global perspective and diversity in higher education.
Part-time, temporary lecturer appointments are usually made for one academic quarter only (approximately 11 weeks at fractions usually ranging from 4/15 to 12/15 of full-time employment - usually one to three classes; multiple quarter appointments are sometimes possible). Incumbents may be reappointed to subsequent quarters contingent upon funding and favorable performance evaluations.
- Candidates must submit for initial considerations:
- An e-mail stating their interest in teaching for the Accounting Department and indicate the sub-areas they are interested to teach.
- A current resume or CV.
- Once selected, the candidates must submit in original form:
- A cover letter stating which courses you are interested to teach;
- A completed application form;
- Current resume or CV;
- An official transcript showing the highest degree earned (from an accredited educational institution); and
- Three (3) recent (in past 12 months) letters of recommendation.
Please address all inquiries to:
Dr. Nas Ahadiat
Accounting Department Chair
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768
The University: Cal Poly Pomona, one of two polytechnic universities in California, is a member of the 23-campus California State University system. Our ethnically diverse student population of approximately 21,000 enrolls in 60 baccalaureate, 26 master’s degree programs and a doctorate in Educational Leadership, presented by 1,000 faculty. We recruit students increasingly from throughout California and beyond. The students are success and career focused and extremely diverse. We are proud of our status as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We have a strong commitment to supporting scholarship, research, and student achievement. Our scenic and historic 1,400-acre campus, once the winter ranch of cereal magnate W. K. Kellogg, is located about 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles in one of the most dynamic economic and cultural, regions in the country, and within an hour’s drive of beaches, mountains, and desert. The university is committed to diversifying its faculty and staff and has made educational equity one of its highest priorities. The mission of the university is to advance learning and knowledge by linking theory and practice in all disciplines, and to prepare students for lifelong learning, leadership, and careers in a changing, multicultural world.
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. Cal Poly Pomona subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age, religion, or veteran status. Cal Poly Pomona hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. As required by the Clery Disclosure Act, the university’s annual security report is available at http://www.cpp.edu/~police/annual-security-report.shtml.