Skip To Content

College of Business Administration

Current Students

Don't forget that the 33rd Annual FRL Banquet is May 23rd!


Who is my advisor?

      - There are no assigned advisors for the FRL department.

      - You can see any of the FRL faculty for academic advising.


For holds, you can visit any of the following faculty during their scheduled office hours:

        Dr. Shady Kholdy, 164 - 2050A (Disqualification holds too)

        Dr. Eric McLaughlin, 164 - 2024

        Dr. Paul Sarmas, 164 - 2053

        Dr. Alice Sun, 164 - 2057

Please bring an advising worksheet with you to the advisor. Then have the advisor fill out the advising worksheet with you, and return it back to the FRL Office once it is signed.

Advising worksheets can be picked up in the FRL Office or printed HERE.

FREE FRL 300/301 Tutoring

The FRL department offers free tutoring for FRL 300 and 301. No appointments are necessary.

Building 164, Room 2093

FRL 300 Mondays 10 am - 1 pm

FRL 301 Wednesdays 10 am - 1 pm

FRL Change of Major:

The next meeting is Wednesday April 29, 2015 at 12:00 pm - 12:50 pm in building 164, room 2033.

The FRL Department now requires students who are changing their major to FRL to attend one CHANGE OF MAJOR MEETING. At this meeting, students must attend and submit their change-of-major petition for their request to be approved. Please fill out your form beforehand to save time in the application process. To obtain the form, please click here or visit the registrar's office online.

Our department has a few policies to be aware of before switching:

1) your Cal Poly GPA must be at least 2.20 or higher
2) if you are at Junior or Senior status, you must have passed MAT 125 (or equivalent/higher) with a C or better
3) you must not have ANY academic holds on your account
4) you need to attend a mandatory FRL change of major meeting

If you have any concerns regarding our policies, feel free to contact us regarding your situation.
To have your name added to our contact list for the next meeting, please email Ana Austin at

Related Links