Who is my advisor?
- There are no assigned advisors for the FRL department.
- You can see any of the FRL full-time faculty for academic/career advising.
As of 8/1/15, to have your academic (GPA) holds removed, you must now visit the Student Success Center located in building 164, room 1060.
The following advising tools are designed to assist students and their advisors:
- Curriculum sheets list the core and support courses required for a particular major and suggest general education classes that will result in the most efficient path to a degree in that major.
- Road maps are a term-by-term plan of the courses required for a particular major and also include reminders and major-specific advice.
- Prerequisite list for ALL FRL courses.
Permission numbers are only given to students who come to the department office. Permission numbers will not be administered over the phone.
Only one permission number may be given to a student at a time. Please know the number or section number before coming in to the department office.
If you do not meet the prerequisites for the class, you will not be given a permission number.
If you are in concurrent enrollment with two or more universities/colleges, you must have completed the appropriate course and received the appropriate grade, and you must bring in proof to the department office, before receiving a permission number.
You MUST bring proof of ALL of the prerequisites required for the course, even if they were taken at Cal Poly. An unofficial transcript is sufficient.
A permission number will not put you into the class if the class is full, it will only add you to the waiting list.
3 Things needed to get a permission number:
- Please have your Bronco ID card
- Please know what FRL class and section
- Please show us ALL of the pre-requisites required for the course (taken at CPP or at a Community college)
Only One permission per term
College of Business Administration Student Success Center:
The Student Success Center (SSC), in Building 164, Room 1060, is designed to help all CBA majors by:
- Providing general academic information and removing academic holds.
- Assisting in the completion/processing of various university forms (e.g., general academic petitions, drop petitions).
- Maintaining a supply of most university petitions and forms. Please visit SSC and find out what services it offers.
FRL Change of Major:
Thursday, Apr 11th, 2019. U-HOUR 12:00PM-12:50PM
Building 164, Room 2033
The FRL Department now requires students who are changing their major to FRL to attend one CHANGE OF MAJOR MEETING. (Those wanting to add FRL as a SECOND major, must attend too.) At this meeting, students must attend and submit their change-of-major petition for their request to be approved. Please fill out your form beforehand to save time in the application process. Additionally, students have to submit the same form ONLINE as well so that the application process can be faster. To obtain the form, please visit the registrar's office online.Our department has a few policies to be aware of before switching:
1) your Cal Poly GPA must be at least 2.20 or higher (Unless this is your first semester here)
2) if you are at Junior or Senior status (60+ Semester Units), you must have passed MAT 1250 (or equivalent/higher), EC 2201, EC 2202, ACC 2070/A, and ACC 2080/A with a C or better
3) you must not have ANY academic holds on your account
4) you need to attend a mandatory FRL change of major meeting to have your petition accepted
5) you need to submit your petition to Change your Major online, located on the Cal Poly Registrar's website
If you have any concerns regarding our policies, feel free to contact us regarding your situation.
To have your name added to our contact list for the next meeting, please email Ana Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To add an FRL minor, please see the FRL department first for the proper paperwork, then visit one of the appropriate faculty members during their office hours. (To see their office hours, please view FRL office hours.) To learn more about each minor, click on the minor name below.