This slideshow contains 4 slides that will change every 6 seconds. The first button is to play and pause the slideshow, followed by buttons to go to the previous slide, next slide, or choose individual slides.
Students accepted into the ARCHES program are scheduled for an orientation with a Peer Mentor to discuss how to access the services available to program participants.
The Peer Mentors are trained Cal Poly Pomona students and work with ARCHES students on specific areas of concern such as:
- organizational strategies,
- decision making skills,
- financial planning and budgeting,
- general study skills,
- time/life management (such as individualized academic calendars for the quarter with important due dates for assignments and tests).
Peer Mentors hold one on one regularly scheduled offices hours and are able to meet with students on a weekly or bi weekly basis.
*To schedule an appointment with a Peer Mentor call (909) 869-2386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer Mentor Workshops
Each quarter, ARCHES offers peer mentoring workshops on various topics developed by ARCHES peer mentors and ARCHES staff. Information on this quarters workshop can be found on our Events and Workshop page.
Examples of previous Peer Mentor Workshops:
- Online v. Face to Face Classes -learn about the pros and cons of taking an online, face-to-face, or hybrid class
- Pave your way to Success! -Learn new strategies and habits to have a successful quarter!
- Want to Succeed in School... There's an App for that!
- Discover where your education can take you... Study Abroad!