Dr. Zhongming Ma
Building 164, Room 3017
Dr. Ma received his Bachelor's degree from Tsinghua University, M.S. in Management Information Systems from the University of Arizona, and Ph.D. (concentration on information systems) from the University of Utah. He has taught classes in Java Programming, Web Application Development, Android Mobile Development, Systems Analysis & Design, and Databases. He has published in journals, such as ACM Transactions on Information Systems and Decision Support Systems. His main research interest is knowledge discovery and data mining.
- CIS 3090 Java Programming for Business
- CIS 4260 Server-side Web Development
Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
- Ma, Z., Tao, J., and Hu, J. The Dynamics of Wikipedia Article Revisions: An Analysis of Revision Activities and Patterns, International Journal of Data Mining, Modelling and Management, 9(4), pp. 298-314, 2017.
- Hwang, D., Ma, Z., Wang, M. The Information Systems Core: A Study from the Perspective of IS Core Curricula in the U.S., Information Systems Education Journal,, 13(6), pp. 27-34, 2015.
- Ma, Z., Liu, X., and Hossain, T. Effect of Sponsored Search on Consumer Trust and Choice, International Journal of Electronic Business Management, 11(4), pp. 227-237, 2013.
- Ma, Z., Sheng, O. R. L., Pant, G., and Iriberri, A. Can Visible Cues in Search Results Indicate Vendors' Reliability? Decision Support Systems, 52(3), pp. 768-775, 2012.
- Ma, Z., Pant, G., and Sheng, O. R. L. Mining Competitor Relationships from Online News: A Network-based Approach, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 10, pp. 418-427, 2011.
- Liao, K., Ma, Z., Lee, J. J. Y., and Ke, K. Achieving Mass Customization through Trust-driven Information Sharing between Buyer and Supplier: A Supplier¡¯s Perspective, Management Research Review, 34(5), pp.541-552, 2011.
- Ma, Z., Pant, G., and Sheng, O. R. L. Examining Organic and Sponsored Search Results: A Vendor Reliability Perspective, Journal of Computer Information Systems, 50(4), pp. 30-38, 2010.
- Ma, Z, Liao, K., and Lee, J. J. Y. Examining Comparative Shopping Agents from Two Types of Search Results, Information Systems Management, 27(1), pp. 3-9, 2010.
- Ma, Z., Sheng, O. R. L., and Pant, G. Discovering Company Revenue Relations from News: A Network Approach, Decision Support Systems, 47(4), pp. 408-414, 2009.
- Ma, Z., Pant, G., and Sheng, O. R. L. Interest-based Personalized Search, ACM Transactions on Information Systems, 25(1), Article 5, 2007.