Dr. Sonya Zhang
Dr. Zhang received her Ph.D. in Information Systems and Technology from Claremont Graduate University, M.S. in Computer Science and M.B.A. from Illinois State University.
- GBA 6050 Business Data Analytics and Modeling (Hybrid MBA Core)
- CIS 3650 Digital Analytics (CIS Option Elective)
- CIS 315 Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design (CIS Option Core)
- CIS 311 Interactive and Responsive Web Development (CIS Option Core)
- CIS 305/3050 Database Design and Development (CIS Option Core)
- CIS 304 Intermediate Java Programming for Business (CIS Option Core)
- CIS 299 Internet Startup Technology and Strategy (Unrestricted Elective)
- CIS 234 Object-Oriented Programming with Java (CIS Option Core)
- CIS 101/1010 Introduction to Personal Computing (Business Major Required Support)
- CIS 499 Open-Source Web 2.0 Technologies (CIS Option Elective)
- Web and Software Development
- Digital Analytics (my favorite Web analytics software, data visualization software, data mining software, and Python)
- Digital Product Management (my favorite product management software)
- Internet Entrepreneurship (my book on Amazon)
- Online Learning
Selective Publications (more at http://sonyazhang.com/)
- Zayd Al-Beitawi, Mohammad Salehan, Sonya Zhang (2020), “What Makes Songs Trending? – Cluster Analysis of Musical Attributes for Spotify Top Trending Songs”, Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness, Vol. 14, Issue 3.
- Sonya Zhang, Samuel Lee, Karen Hovsepian, Hannah Morgia, Kelli Lawrence, Natalie Lawrence, Ashish Hingle, (2018), “Best Practices of News and Media Web Design: An Analysis of Content Structure, Multimedia, Social Sharing, and Advertisement Placements”, International Journal of Business Analytics, Vol. 5, Issue 4, 18-36.
- Sonya Zhang, Saree Costa (2018), “Mobile Phone Usage Patterns, Security Concerns and Security Practices of Digital Generation”, International Journal of Mobile Human Computer Interaction, Vol. 10, Issue 1, Article 2.
- Sonya Zhang, Ashish Hingle (2017), “The Evolution of News and Media Website Design: Trend Analysis of Rich Media, Social Sharing, and Ad Placements”, Journal of Management Analytics, Vol. 4, Issue 4.
- Sonya Zhang, Neal Cabage (2016), “Search Engine Optimization: Comparison of Link Building and Social Sharing”, Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 57, No. 2, DOI: 10.1080/08874417.2016.1183447.
- Sonya Zhang (2014), “Successful Entrepreneurs Don’t Have To Be College Dropouts – A Model for Incubating College Students to Become Successful Internet Entrepreneurs”, International Journal of Information and Communication Technology Education, Vol. 10, No. 4.
- Sonya Zhang (2014), “An Empirical Study of the Factors Affecting Weblog Success in Higher Education”, Journal of Information Systems Education, Vol. 24, No.
- Sonya Zhang, Bradley Dorn (2013), “A Community-Based Participatory Research Model and Web Application for Studying Health Professional Shortage Areas in the United States,” International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics, Vol. 8, No. 3, 23-37.
- Neal Cabage, Sonya Zhang (2013), “Web 3.0 has begun,” ACM Interactions, Vol. 20, No. 5, 26-31.
- Neal Cabage, Sonya Zhang (2013), The Smarter Startup: A Better Approach to Online Business for Entrepreneurs, Pearson New Riders.
- Xuesong (Sonya) Zhang, Bradley Dorn (2012), “Accelerating Software Development through Agile Practices – a Case Study of a Small-scale, Time-intensive Web Development Project at a College-level IT Competition”, Journal of Information Technology Education, Vol. 11, 2012.
- Xuesong (Sonya) Zhang, Bradley Dorn (2011), “Design and Implementation of JavaSniper – A Community-based Software Code Review Web Solution”, Journal of Information Science and Technology, Vol. 8, No.2.