Risk Management

Access to Cal Poly Pomona Records

Many Cal Poly Pomona records are available for public inspection under the California Public Records Act (Gov. Code Section 6250 et seq.).

Requests for inspection or copying of public records:

  • must be specific and focused. Where a request is not specific or focused, Cal Poly Pomona will assist in identifying available records.
  • may not interfere with the business operations of the university, including any and all university policies. Records that are reasonably required by Cal Poly Pomona personnel in the performance of their duties may not be available for inspection at certain times.
  • can be oral or in writing. For purposes of clarity, Cal Poly Pomona encourages completion of our online request form or written requests.

Certain records are exempt from public disclosure under the California Public Records Act (see e.g., Gov. Code Section 6254 et seq.). Cal Poly Pomona may redact purely personal and private information from public records. The Public Records Act also does not require Cal Poly Pomona to create documents that do not already exist.

Upon receipt of a Public Records Act request, Cal Poly Pomona will conduct a reasonable search for the requested records. The records will be made available for inspection during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Records may not be destroyed, altered or removed from Cal Poly Pomona. Cal Poly Pomona may have university personnel present during an inspection to safeguard the records. Hard-copy records can be copied and provided upon payment of a direct duplication cost of 20 cents per page.

Records Maintained at Cal Poly Pomona

To submit a request for public records maintained at Cal Poly Pomona please contact:


Records Maintained at CSU Chancellor's Office

Requests for public records maintained by the CSU Office of the Chancellor may be directed to


Records Maintained at CPP Philanthropic Foundation

Requests for public records maintained by the Cal Poly Pomona Philanthropic Foundation should be requested directly from the Foundation at

Records Maintained at ASI, Inc.

Requests for public records maintained by Associated Students Incorporated (ASI), should be requested directly from ASI.