Dr. Sonya Zhang
Dr. Zhang received a Ph.D. in information systems and technology from Claremont Graduate University, an M.S. in Computer Science, and an M.B.A. from Illinois State University. Her research interests are Web and Software Development, Digital Analytics, Internet Entrepreneurship, and Online Learning. She co-authored The Smarter Startup: A Better Approach to Online Business for Entrepreneurs (Pearson New Riders, 2013). Her work has also appeared in many journals and conference proceedings.
- CIS 315 Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design
- CIS 311 Interactive and Responsive Web Development
- CIS 305 Database Design and Development
- CIS 304 Intermediate Java Programming for Business
- CIS 299 Internet Startup Technology and Strategy
- CIS 234 Object-Oriented Programming with Java
- CIS 101 Introduction to Personal Computing
Web and Software Development, Digital Analytics, Product Management, Internet Entrepreneurship, and Online Learning
- Sonya Zhang, Neal Cabage (2016), “Search Engine Optimization: Comparison of Link Building and Social Sharing”, Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 57, No. 2, DOI: 10.1080/08874417.2016.1183447.
- Sonya Zhang (2014), “Successful Entrepreneurs Don’t Have To Be College Dropouts – A Model for Incubating College Students to Become Successful Internet Entrepreneurs”, International Journal of Information and Communication Technology Education, Vol. 10, No. 4.
- Sonya Zhang (2014), “An Empirical Study of the Factors Affecting Weblog Success in Higher Education”, Journal of Information Systems Education, Vol. 24, No.
- Sonya Zhang, Bradley Dorn (2013), “A Community-Based Participatory Research Model and Web Application for Studying Health Professional Shortage Areas in the United States,” International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics, Vol. 8, No. 3, 23-37.
- Neal Cabage, Sonya Zhang (2013), “Web 3.0 has begun,” ACM Interactions, Vol. 20, No. 5, 26-31.
- Neal Cabage, Sonya Zhang (2013), The Smarter Startup: A Better Approach to Online Business for Entrepreneurs, Pearson New Riders.
- Sonya Zhang, Neal Cabage (2013), “Does SEO Matter? Increasing Classroom Blog Visibility Through Search Engine Optimization,” Proceedings of the 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), Maui, Hawaii, USA, Jan. 7-10, 2013.
- Xuesong (Sonya) Zhang (2012), “Design and Evaluation of a Socially Enhanced Classroom Blog to Promote Student Learning in Higher Education,” Proceedings of the 18th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Seattle, Washington, Aug. 9-11, 2012.
- Xuesong (Sonya) Zhang, Bradley Dorn (2012), “Accelerating Software Development through Agile Practices – a Case Study of a Small-scale, Time-intensive Web Development Project at a College-level IT Competition”, Journal of Information Technology Education, Vol. 11, 2012.
- Xuesong (Sonya) Zhang, Bradley Dorn (2011), “Design and Implementation of JavaSniper – A Community-based Software Code Review Web Solution”, Journal of Information Science and Technology, Vol. 8, No.2.