Dr. Hui Shi
Dr. Hui Shi is an Assistant Professor of the Computer Information Systems Department at Cal Poly Pomona. She received a B.S. in Computer Science and Technology from Hefei University of Technology, China, a M.S. in Computer Application Technique from Hefei University of Technology, China, and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Old Dominion University. Her research interests include Data Mining, Big Data, Social Media Analysis, Information Visualization, Semantic Web and Computer Supported Cooperative Work.
- CIS 234 - Introduction to Java Programming for Business
- CIS 310 - Management Information Systems
Data Mining, Big Data, Social Media Analysis, Information Visualization, Semantic Web and Computer Supported Cooperative Work.
- Hui Shi, Dazhi Chong, Gongjun Yan (2017), "Evaluating an Optimized Backward Chaining Ontology Reasoning System with Innovative Custom Rules", Information Discovery and Delivery, https://doi.org/10.1108/IDD-10-2017-0070.
- Yan, G., Shi, H., Chong, D., & He, W. (2017, June). “Mining e-commerce satisfaction sentiment through a bilingual model”. 2017 2nd International Conference on Image, Vision and Computing (ICIVC), (pp. 1029-1033). IEEE.
- Shi, H., Maly, K., Chong, D., Yan, G., & He, W. (2016, April). Backward Chaining Ontology Reasoning Systems with Custom Rules. In Proceedings of the 25th International Conference Companion on World Wide Web (pp. 381-387). International World Wide Web Conferences Steering Committee.
- Shi, H., Chong, D., Yan, G., & He, W. (2015). A semantic query-based approach for management decision-making. Journal of Management Analytics, 2(1), 53-71.
- Yan, G., Foroughi, A., Shi, H., & Xiang, Y. (2015). Multiple strategies to boost online discrete mathematics class. Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, 31(1), 82-82.
- Foroughi, A., Yan, G., Shi, H., & Chong, D. (2015). A Web 3.0 ontology based on similarity: a step toward facilitating learning in the Big Data age. Journal of Management Analytics, 2(3), 216-232.
- Chong, D., & Shi, H. (2015). Big data analytics: a literature review. Journal of Management Analytics, 2(3), 175-201.
- Chong, D., He, W., Wu, H. & Shi, H. (2015). “Dynamic Tagging for Enterprise Knowledge Sharing and Representation”. AMCIS2015.
- Shi, H., Maly, K., & Zeil, S. (2014). “A Scalable Backward Chaining-based Reasoner for a Semantic Web”. International Journal on Advances in Intelligent Systems, 7 (1&2), 23-28.
- Yan, G., Rawat, D. B., Shi, H., & Alnusair, A. (2014). “Developing and Applying Smartphone Apps in Online Courses”. Journal of Information Systems Education, 25 (3), 1-10.
- Yan, G., He, W., Shi, H., & Rawat, D. B. (2014). “Applying a bilingual model to mine e-commerce satisfaction sentiment”. Journal of Management Analytics, 1 (4), 285-300.
- Shi, H., Maly, K., & Zeil, S. (2014, June). Optimized backward chaining reasoning system for a semantic web. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics (WIMS14) (p. 34). ACM.
- Shi, H., Maly, K., & Zeil, S. (2014, April). Trust and hybrid reasoning for ontological knowledge bases. In Proceedings of the companion publication of the 23rd international conference on World Wide Web companion (pp. 1189-1194). International World Wide Web Conferences Steering Committee.
- Shi, H., Maly, K., & Zeil, S. (2013, May). Query optimization in cooperation with an ontological reasoning service. In The fifth international conferences on advanced service computing (pp. 26-32).
- Maly, K., Shi, H., Wu, H., Zhang, Q., & Zubair, M. (2012). “Using an Automated Web Harvesting System to Track Obesity-Related Policies”. SAARC Conference for Library & Information Professionals, CD-ROM, New Delhi, India.
- Shi, H., Maly, K., Zeil, S., & Zubair, M. (2011, May). Comparison of ontology reasoning systems using custom rules. In Proceedings of the international conference on web intelligence, mining and semantics (p. 16). ACM.
- Shi, H., Maly, K., & Zeil, S. Ontology-based Reasoning Service for ScienceWeb. Service Computation 2011.
- Liu, X., Shi, H., Mao, Z., & Lu, Q. (2007). Constraint information visualization methodology for cooperative design. In Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design III (pp. 63-72). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Liu, X. P., Shi, H., Mao, Z. Q., & Zheng, L. P. (2006). Cooperative template mechanism for cooperative design. In Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design II (pp. 102-111). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- 2017-2018: Co-PI, Internal Pre-proposal of NSF Major Research Instrumentation program
- 2017-2018: PI, 2017 RSCA faculty Mini-Grant
- 2016: PI, 2016 Provost Office Summer Pilot Grant
- 2015: Co-PI, 2015 Faculty Research Creative Work Grant
- 2015: PI, 2015 Summer Research Award for Junior Faculty
- 2014 -2016: Co-PI, National Science Foundation for Young Scholars (China): Study on smooth transformation control of heterogeneous crowd formation: a geometry-constrained perspective.