Financial Aid and Scholarships

After You Apply: Newly Admitted Undergraduate Students

Costs  |  Aid Programs  |  How to Apply for Aid (FAFSA)  |  How to Apply for Aid (DREAM)  |  After you Apply  |  Award Notification  |  Getting your aid  |  Keeping your aid 


Your financial aid application information will be sent to the Cal Poly Pomona Office of Financial Aid & Scholarhips electronically within 5 – 7 business days of when you complete it. Your application will be processed by Cal Poly Pomona if: 

  • You listed the Cal Poly Pomona school code 001144 on your application for financial aid. 
  • For FAFSA Applicants, you provided your correct Social Security Number and legal name (first and last) on both your application for admission and your FAFSA.  
  • For Dream Applicants, the name (last, first and middle) and date of birth on your application for admission matches the name and date of birth on your Dream Act application.

You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) after your application has been processed. The SAR is a summary of the information you entered on your financial aid application (FAFSA or Dream Act Application). You should review this document for accuracy and follow any instructions provided. Be sure to save, or print, a copy for your records. 

  • FAFSA ApplicantsDetails for accessing, as well as when to expect, your SAR are located on theFederal Student Aid website. 
  • Dream Act Applicants: Details for accessing your SAR are located on CSAC’s website 

If, after reviewing your SAR, you find an error in the information you submitted, you can make a correction. Note that your financial aid application is a snapshot in time, so you should only be making corrections to mistakes, rather than updating information to match a new circumstance. If you are classified as a Dependent student, both you and your parent will need to electronically sign the correction. 

California Residents (and AB540 eligible students) only 

Eligibility for a Cal Grant is based on the information in your FAFSA (or Dream Application) as well as your academic history.  Cal Grants may be renewed for up to four years of full-time enrollment (dependening on your academic level when you were first awarded the grant).  

In order to be considered for a Cal Grant, you must have your GPA verified by the appropriate college or high school office.

First Time Freshman applicants, and Transfer Students Not Currently Receiving a Cal Grant: 

Once you have submitted your application, have the school you currently attend or most recently attended submit your certified GPA to the Cal Grant Program. 

For the fastest, most secure processing, your school may upload GPA information directly to the California Student Aid Commission's system.  If electronic submission is unavailable, request that your school certify a paper Cal Grant GPA Verification form (available at 

Transfer Students Who ARE Currently Receiving a Cal Grant: 

If you received a Cal Grant at your previous college, in addition to submitting your FAFSA or DREAM Application by March 2, you will need to transfer the grant to Cal Poly Pomona after you are admitted, by posting a school change at WebGrants for Students.


Cal Grant GPA Verification
Cal Poly Pomona Current Student Status  GPA Verified by:
Newly Admitted First-Time Freshman   Your High School 
Newly Admitted Transfer Student with no units earned at Cal Poly Pomona as of March 1st  Your Former College

Be sure you contact the appropriate school to have your GPA Verification sent to CSAC by the March 2
nd Priority Filing deadline.  More information is available on the CSAC Cal Grant page. 

CSAC and Your WebGrants Account

Are you wondering if your Cal Grant GPA has been received by CSAC? After you have filed a FAFSA, you can go on-line and check the status of your Cal Grant application by logging on to WebGrants for Students and creating an account. This secure site provides you with resources, information and tools to assist you with the college financial aid process. It will also let you view the status of your Cal Grant or Chafee Grant application, update your address, submit corrections, view your payment history, update your college of attendance, or satisfy outstanding requirements.

Additional documents may be required before your eligibility for aid can be determined, and an official aid offer issued. This process is referred to as verification and is done to confirm the information you submitted on your financial aid application, as well as your eligibility for financial aid. This can be a very easy process – as long as you submit the requested documents & forms as soon as they are requested. 

If your aid application is selected for verification, wwill send you an email, as well as update your "To Do" list on your MyCPP Student Center with the request.   

Notifications of required documents are sent beginning in mid-MarchSome examples of information we may need to verify include: 

  • Income Information (for you and your parent – if parent information was required)
  • Household information 
  • Confirmation of Independent Student Status 
  • Citizenship Status (for FAFSA Filers) 

To avoid delays be sure to check your MyCPP To Do List, and your email, every week. 

More information about the verification process is availble on our Understanding Verification page.

You will receive a financial aid offer after your file has been completed and reviewed and your eligibility for aid has been finalized. The offer states the types and amounts of aid for which you qualify, and the semester for which the aid can be used. 

We begin releasing Aid Notification emails for fall semester admits by March 25th. Students admitted for the spring semester will begin to receive their aid notifications in mid-October. 

As a newly admitted undergraduate student, you may receive a Notice of Estimated Aid Package, which is an estimate of your eligibility for aid.  And Estimated Aid Package is provided to newly admitted students whose applications require additional information to be submitted and reviewed prior to receiving an official aid package. These estimated aid packages are for informational & planning purposes onlythe aid items cannot be accepted as they do not reflect an official offer. 

Remember - we may request additional information from you before we can finalize your aid offer. Be sure to check your email and MyCPP Student Center!  

We understand that there may be circumstances that affect your ability to pay for college, which may not be apparent, based on the information collected on your application for aid. If your or your family’s financial situation has changed significantly from what is reflected on your federal income tax return (for example, if you’ve lost a job or otherwise experienced a drop in income), or if there has been a change to your relationship with your parents, you may be eligible to have your financial aid eligibility reviewed.

Complete the application questions as instructed on the application (including the transfer of tax return and income information, if applicable), submit your aid application, then contact our office to discuss how your current financial situation has changed.

Our team can work with you through the appeal process, which allows us to evaluate the impact of your special circumstances on your ability to pay for college.   

Some of the most common reasons for an appeal include:

  • Change in Income or Resources
  • Death of a Parent or Spouse
  • Dependent Care Expenses
  • No longer have a relationship with parents

EVALUATION PROCESS: Appeals are typically reviewed within 10-15 business days of submission. During busy processing times (such as the summer), it may take longer for your appeal to be evaluated. Once the review is completed, if your appeal is approved you will receive a revised notification of eligibility on your MyCPP Student Center reflecting the changes made to the award. If your appeal is denied, you will receive an email to notify you of the reason(s) for the denial.

DEADLINE: Three weeks before the end of the academic year. Some funding may be limited so try to submit your appeal as early as possible.