Housing Information

Information and Services

At the end of each week, University Housing Services sends out a Weekly Newsletter message to all residents. These emails are meant to communicate important updates, reminders and deadlines for various events and processes. If you have your e-mail forwarded to another e-mail address, please be sure to add the UHS address (housing@cpp.edu) to your safe list. Please review these messages carefully as they are a primary source of communication between the Housing office and the resident. Parents can also stay informed by signing-up to receive the newsletter as well. A PDF copy of the UHS Weekly Newsletter is posted to the CPP Housing Portal

Effective September 1, 2017, Cal Poly Pomona is now a smoke free campus. For more information regarding the policy, support and frequently asked questions, please visit the Smoke Free Website.

If you have a car or motorcycle on campus, you may only park in student lots and you must have a CPP parking permit clearly displayed in your vehicle at all times. Several parking lots have been reserved for residential students only. To park in these lots, please obtain a resident sticker for your Parking Permit. Bring your parking permit and Bronco ID or valid driver’s license to UHS during business hours. Vehicles parked in residential lots not displaying the Resident Parking sticker will be subject to citation.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, sets forth requirements regarding the privacy of student records. FERPA governs the limited release of these records (known as education records) maintained by an educational institution and access to these records. For more information on FERPA regulations please visit their website.


FERPA Release Form

FERPA Revoke Form

University Housing Service's Housing Portal is a website for residents. It is hoped that this site will provide an easy and seamless method for viewing, maintaining and updating resident information.

For prospective and current residents, this site will allow you to:

  • View contact and emergency information for accuracy
  • Update contact and emergency information, when needed
  • Submit Work Orders
  • Complete the contracting steps to lock in your space for next year
  • Participate in important housing processes such as Room Selection (selecting a space for the next Academic Year)

At different times, additional features will be added for residents, such as the ability to request room changes and meal plan changes.

There are washers and dryers located throughout our communities. Each residential hall building has a laundry room on the first floor. In the residential Suites, laundry rooms are available in Vista de las Estrellas (54), Vista del Sol (61), and Vista de la Luna (63); residents of the suites will have access to all the suites laundry rooms. The cost is $1.00 to wash and $.50 to dry.

All laundry purchases are made through the Pay Range app available for Apple and Android users. Download the app, add funds, and then swipe payment to activate washer or dryer. It’s that simple! If you prefer, you can still choose to pay with coins.

payrange logo

View WASH Laundry website for more information. Malfunctioning machines should be reported immediately to Web Services, Inc., at (800) 342-5932 for repair.  You may also submit a WASH “Service Request” at fix laundry.
It is the responsibility of the Licensee to abide by all rules posted in the laundry room).

Requests to change meal or point plans are accepted at specific time periods using an online form available on the Housing Portal.  Once the semester has started, only upgrades to plans will be applied during the quarter. Requests to decrease a meal or point plan will be accepted but will not take effect until the next semester.

University Housing Services provides all residents free access to Fitness Express, a full body fitness facility. It is located in La Cienega Center, Building 59 and is open when school is in session. If you are interested in using the Fitness Express, you will need to complete an orientation and fill out a liability form. Orientations are approximately thirty minutes. The card that serves as your laundry card will be programmed for access to Fitness Express. Please take your card To the Housing Office on the next business day after you complete your orientation and turn in the liability form to have your card activated.

Lost card keys must be reported within 24 hours and a $15.00 fee will be assessed to replace it. Any remaining balance for laundry use will be lost and cannot be refunded.

For all questions or concerns regarding the mail services provided by University Housing Services, such as policies, mailing address, and package pickup, please refer to the information provided on this page: 

Mail & Package Information

The online Room Change Request is for residents who wish to find another room/suite. This form will be available on the Housing Portal on specific dates.

  • If you know someone who wants to swap spaces with you, both students must submit the form and enter the Bronco ID number of who they are swaping with.
  • To request a room/suite change, the online request form will be made available on the Housing Portal during business hours Monday-Wednesday of the 8th week of classes.
  • Each request will be reviewed by the Housing Office in the order they are received.
  • Room changes will be approved based on the number and types of spaces available.
  • If your request is accepted, you will be contacted by the Housing Office with the room offer and given specific instructions about completing the check-out/check-in process.

Student Health 101 is a monthly on-line magazine packed with student perspectives on a variety of health and wellness topics that change each month. Read the latest tips to help you become successful in school, work or relationships. Sign up for your own monthly subscription (FREE!) and enter to win their $1000 drawing each month!

Click here to join!


The Residence Halls and Residential Suites are equipped with direct high-speed access to the Cal Poly Pomona network and the Internet via Ethernet ports and/or wireless. Due to the nature of wireless technology connectivity cannot be guaranteed.  These connections provide residents with a distinct advantage for research, homework assignments or staying in touch with family, friends and classmates.

UHS Technology team is dedicated to meeting the growing computing needs of the Cal Poly University Housing Services residential communities. On-site technical support is available for each resident. Our phone number is (909) 869-5103 from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

On-site technical support is available for each resident.

Please submit a Work Order from the Housing Portal for any technical support.


 In addition, residents should be aware that the residential network has some restrictions on bandwidth, as determined by the campus.



Residential access to the campus network is provided primarily for the student’s educational use and is a shared resource which everyone is expected to use responsibly.

The Computers and Technology Acceptable Use Policy is a part of the Student Housing License Agreement. Acceptance and agreement to abide by the regulations listed herein is acknowledged by signature(s) on the Student Housing License Agreement.

University Housing Services (UHS) of Cal Poly Pomona, hereafter referred to as the university, offers Ethernet connection and wireless from the residential facilities to the campus network (CPPNet) via Cal Poly Pomona’s Internet Services Provider, CENIC. The purpose of this connection is to enhance and support the educational experience of the student by facilitating the sharing of knowledge and information. The services and facilities are designed to provide reliable individual access to the campus network, electronic mail and the Internet. They are not designed for experimentation with network protocols, running of experimental networks, running commercial or for-profit services, or providing such services to outside entities or individuals or other functions that might compromise the quality and integrity of services.

Residence access to the campus network (CPPNet) is provided primarily for the student’s educational use.
The university shall implement basic security and privacy measures as part of routine operations to help protect, to the extent possible, both the university and the student from service degradation and from the effects of illegal activity, such as computer attacks. These measures may include, but are not limited to, routine testing of services and facilities, monitoring for activity patterns commonly indicating misuse, implementation of firewalls and temporary or permanent limits on bandwidth consistent with maintaining stable and reliable services, including traffic-shaping solutions. However, the university, in general, cannot assure complete electronic security or privacy for personal computing. It is important that each individual take reasonable security and privacy precautions to protect against computer viruses and other computer attacks which may result in loss of data, unintentional release of personal information, or negative impact on the services and facilities for others. Access granted to any individual may not be transferred to or shared with any other person without written authorization.

  1. Individuals may not access, copy, add, alter, damage, delete or destroy any data or computer software on any other computer unless specifically authorized.
  2. The Internet Protocol (IP) address to the student’s personal computer will be dynamically assigned. The student may not set up a server without authorization of the university. Switching equipment and Ethernet hubs other than those provided by the university are prohibited for use on any residence network connection. If experimentation with network protocols, running of personal networks or servers, provision of such services to outside entities or individuals, or other functions is academically required (including the need for static IP addresses), the student shall obtain prior written authorization through the Division of Information Technology and the student’s academic dean or his/her designee.
  3. The student shall be held accountable for his/her own behavior and for the inappropriate activity originating from his/her unit or computer. All passwords should be secure.
  4. The student shall abide by all applicable laws (federal, state, and local) and University policies. Pursuant to State of California law, any unauthorized access, attempt to access, or use of any state computing or network system, including all data contained within them, is a violation of Section 502 of the California Penal Code and other applicable federal laws, and is subject to prosecution. Discipline ranges from loss of networking privileges to eviction from the UHS Residences. The university regards all computer-related crimes as a violation of this policy, and violators may be subject to disciplinary sanctions up to and including dismissal from campus.
  5. Examples of misuse include, but are not limited to, the following:
    1. Incidental personal use that interferes with university operations of information technologies or electronic mail services, burdens the university with incremental cost or excess bandwidth utilization, or interferes with employment, student status, or other obligations of the university.
    2. Using a computer, computer account or system (including scanning systems for security loopholes, user accounts, passwords, etc.) without authorization.
    3. Using the campus network to gain unauthorized access to any computer.
    4. Knowingly performing an act that will interfere with, damage, or otherwise degrade the normal operation of other systems and/or network resources including, but not limited to, running, installing or distributing programs known as computer viruses, Trojan Horses or worms.
    5. Attempting to monitor or tamper with another entity’s electronic communications, including scans and probes of the residences and other networks. This includes connecting your computer to your roommate’s Ethernet port without permission.
    6. Attempting to circumvent data protection schemes or security mechanisms.
    7. Misrepresenting your identity to avoid accountability (e.g., falsifying your e-mail address).
    8. Violating terms of applicable software licensing agreements or copyright protection laws, including making available such materials as music, videos, photographic images, texts or software without the appropriate permission.
    9. Taking any action that invades the privacy of individuals or entities that are creators, authors, users, or subjects of information resources (e.g. inappropriate use of webcams or microphones).
    10. Any use of hidden cameras, hidden microphones or other recording devices without pre-approval by University Housing Services.
    11. Violating any federal or state law or regulation, or University codes of conduct.
    12. Using the network for commercial purpose or charging for any service provided across the network or registering any IP address assigned by the university to a third-party domain name registry.
    13. Facilitating access to the on-campus network from off-campus or outside the student’s room by operating a virtual private network (VPN) or file sharing site.
    14. Using an unauthorized IP address or statically assigned address without approval.
    15. Using electronic mail, services, or facilities to harass others, including, but not limited to, sending unsolicited mass mailing over the network (chain mail, solicitations, etc.) or making threatening or slanderous statements.
    16. Hosting or operating a wireless access point that is connected to the University’s network in your unit or common area of your residence.
    17. Activities that are not considered misuses when authorized by appropriate University officials for the purposes of security or performance testing.

Additional information can be found at Cal Poly IT Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines.

Ethernet cable

You will need a Category 5 (Cat-5) Ethernet cable. You will need a long enough cable to reach from your room's Ethernet port to your computer, usually from 10'.

Configure Internet Connection

Connect the Ethernet cable from the port connection on your computer to the ORANGE colored RJ-45 wall jack.


Windows Vista and 7 Setup:

From the Start menu, click Control Panel.

Click on the Network and Internet Icon.

Windows 7_pic1

Under Network and Sharing Center, click on View Network Status and Tasks.

Windows 7_pic2

On the left side of the window, under Tasks, click on Manage network connections.

Windows 7_pic3

Right-Click on Local Area Network icon and select Properties from the resulting menu.

Windows 7_pic4

Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) then click Properties.

Windows 7_pic5

Assure that both settings have Obtain settings automatically selected, the click OK and OK.

Windows 7_pic6

Restart your computer.

Do Not Download Unauthorized Copyright Materials

Downloading unauthorized copyright materials is a violation of federal copyright protection laws and a violation of the Residence Hall Technology Acceptable Use Policy. If you are illegally downloading files, your internet will be turned off and you will be subject to an investigation and/or judicial which may take up to a very long time to complete.

Sharing or distributing copyrighted materials is a violation of federal copyright protection laws. In addition, the "Sharing" of files for others to download, legally or illegally, can significantly impact the University's network connection and impact available bandwidth.

University Housing Services has upgraded our broadcast infrastructure on campus; we are now broadcasting TV in Digital High Definition. In order to take advantage of this new upgrade, you will need a television with a QAM digital tuner. If you have an older TV, you may need to acquire a QAM digital tuner from an electronics store.
 Please consult your TV’s manual to search for all updated channels. 
 Below is a list of channels available.*
 Please contact your Residence Life Coordinator if you have any questions.

Channel Listing -

2.1          KCBS CBS

2.2          Decades
3.1          HGTV
4.1          KNBC NBC
4.2          Cozi TV
5.1          KTLA CW
5.2          Antenna TV
5.3          This TV
6.1          CNN
7.1          KABC ABC
7.2          LiveWell TV

7.3          Laff TV
8.1          MTV
9.1          KCAL
10.1        VH-1
11.1        KTTV Fox

11.4        H&I TV
12.1        MTV2
13.1        KCOP
13.2        Buzzer
13.3        Movies!
14.1        HBO East
15.1        HBO West
16.1        HBO Signature
17.1        HBO Comedy
18.1        Showtime East
19.1        Showtime 2 East
20 .1       Showtime Next East
21.1        Showtime Extreme
22.1        ESPN
23.1        ESPN2
24.1        ESPN News
25.1        ESPNU
26.1        Fox Sports West
27.1        SyFy
28.1        Food Network
29.1        Headline News
30.1        ION
31.1        CPP Campus Feed
32.1        CPP Campus Feed
33.1        BET
34.1        Univision

34.2        Uni Mas

34.3        Bounce

34.4        Justice
35.1        History Channel
36.1        E! Entertainment
37.1        Discovery
38.1        Lifetime
39.1        CSPAN 1
40.1        Freeform
41.1        Cartoon
42.1        Nickelodeon
43.1        Spike
44.1        A&E
45.1        Bravo
46.1        USA
47.1        Link TV
48.1        TBS
49.1        TruTV
50.1        KOCE – Local PBS
50.2        PBS Plus
50.3        Daystar TV
50.4        PBS World
51.1        MTVU
52.1        Telemundo
52.2        Telexitos
53.1        Cal Poly Channel
53.2        CSUDH Channel
53.3        CSULB Channel


Frequently Asked Questions -

What do I need to start watching cable television?

  • A coaxial cable.
  • A television with a QAM digital tuner.
  1. Connect the coax cable between your television and the wall jack.
  2. Power on your television.
  3. Run an "Auto-Program" or "Channel Scan", making sure that your TV is configured for "Cable TV" and "Digital", not "Antenna" or "Analog".
  4. Start watching!


I've run a channel scan. Why can't I pick up any channels?
University Housing Services recently transitioned to a digital cable TV system. It's possible that your television does not possess a QAM digital tuner and is unable to process the cable TV signal that is being delivered. (Prominent television manufacturers began including QAM tuners around 2006.)
Older televisions without QAM tuners will NOT work with the new cable television system.

What if my television doesn't have a QAM tuner built in?
If your television does not have a digital QAM tuner, you may be able to purchase a separate external tuner from a electronics store to convert the digital signal to analog. 

The wireless is available in the residential suites, CRS and residential halls.  Wireless connectivity is primarily available in the common areas at the residential suites. Due to the nature of wireless technology connectivity cannot be guaranteed.

Setting up wireless router/hotspot is currently NOT ALLOWED in the Residence Halls/Suites as is stated in the Residence Hall Technology Acceptable Use Policy.

Network access points which are open and do not require authenticated passwords are a security threat to the residence hall network and the rest of the campus. If you are hosting network equipment which allows access outside of your residence hall room, other unauthorized users may access the campus network to perform unacceptable or illegal activities. Since the network equipment is connected to the port in your residence hall room, your port will be disabled and you may become involved in the event of an investigation of such inappropriate network access.

To prevent your port from being disabled, please disconnect all wireless networking equipment in your Residence Hall room.

University Housing would like to remind incoming and returning residents that they cannot install or use personal wired switches or wireless routers in their rooms or suites.

This is a policy which was agreed to when submitting your license agreement for on-campus housing, found in the “Student Housing License Agreement - Policies and Regulations”, section on “Computers and Technology Acceptable Use Policy,” subsections 2 and 5.17.

For students who have laptops that do not have built-in Ethernet ports for connecting to the network jacks provided in the Suites and Halls, an adapter will need to be purchased (along with an Ethernet network  patch cable).

For MacBooks and Mac Air laptops, adapters can be found on the Apple Store web site, or can be ordered through the campus Bookstore.  There are “USB to Ethernet” adapters and “Thunderbolt to Ethernet” adapters available; you will need to consult your product documentation to determine which would be the appropriate one for you to purchase.

A sample selection can be found at: http://store.apple.com/us/search/ethernet-adapter  or you may ask at the Bronco Bookstore for options.

Residents: To be able to print to the Pharos printer in the lobby of Bldg 54(Vista De La Estrellas) and Bldg 74 (Secoya), you will need to install a specific version of the Pharos printing system. The following links will allow you to install the printer(pick the one that matches your machine type):
Pharos 32bit Pharos 64bit


The basketballcourt is located in the area behind Montecito and Alamitos Halls.

Recreation Basketball Court

Each residential building has an area for table games that residents can enjoy such as billiards, table tennis and foosball.

Each residential building has spacious and comfortable television lounges with satellite televison access where residents can relax and socialize with friends.

The Bronco Student Center (or BSC) is a major spot for student gatherings and recreation on-campus. The BSC is home to the Bronco Fitness Center, The Games Room Etc., student government and a variety of food venues. The facility is operated and maintained by Associated Students, Inc. (or ASI). Please visit the BSC website for more information.