Members of the student tour team
Outreach, Recruitment & Educational Partnerships

Frequently Asked Questions

Pre-Admissions Advising

Pre-admission advising is an opportunity to meet with a CPP Outreach Counselor and ask any questions about the admissions process, requirements, eligibility, and any other general questions about CPP. Pre-admissions advising takes place Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm and appointments are 30 minutes long usually in a one on one format. We are currently doing pre-admissions advising virtually via Zoom and over the phone.

Our Outreach Counselors do pre-admissions advising appointments with prospective California and out-of-state first-time freshmen and transfer students.

If you are an international student or have international coursework, please visit the Office of Admissions' website for pre-admissions advising.

Nothing is required for you to bring for a pre-admissions advising appointment. However, it is helpful to have access to unofficial transcripts, education plan, etc. for the counselor to review before or during your appointment.

We offer many majors across different disciplines. You can find a full list of all of our current majors by clicking here.

Some of our majors are impacted, which means that our campus has reached its enrollment capacity for instructional resources and physical support and cannot accommodate all the eligible undergraduate applications it receives. These majors tend to be more competitive in the admissions process. You can find a list of our impacted majors by clicking here.

CPP accepts applications for the fall term for all of our undergraduate programs and spring for a majority of our non-impacted undergraduate programs. Fall applications are available for both first-time freshmen and upper-division transfer students. Spring applications are only available for upper-division transfer students.

*Program availability is subject to change.


Applications to CPP can be submitted on Cal State Apply.

Admissions requirements can be found on the Office of Admissions website.

First-Time Freshmen
Minimum Requirements
Impacted Majors Requirements

A-G Course List

Upper-Division Transfer Students
Minimum Requirements
Impacted Majors Requirements

Local area means schools that are in Cal Poly Pomona’s service area districts. Applicants who apply to non-impacted majors and are from local area high schools/community colleges who meet the minimum CSU eligibility requirements will be admitted.

  1. First-Time Freshmen Local Area List
  2. Upper-Division Transfer Students Local Area List

If you previously attended CPP, you can find information about the steps you can take to return to CPP on our Returning Student Website.

If you have specific questions for your Academic College as it relates to your major of interest, please contact them directly.

We can assist you with general questions you have about graduate and credential admissions requirements. Please complete the form to request to speak to an Outreach Counselor.
If you have specific questions for the department, check the department’s website and/or contact the Program Coordinator for your major:

Program Coordinators

Be sure to check your BroncoDirect student portal and email for updates about your admission decision.

ASSIST is the official transfer and articulation system for California Community Colleges, the California State University, and the University of California:

You DO NOT need to complete everything that is listed on ASSIST. It should be used as a guide to help students determine the courses they want to take and course equivalencies from school to school. Regardless of what is listed on ASSIST, students need to be sure to check the minimum transfer requirements for the school(s) they are interested in transferring to.

Transfer requirement for our school can be found here.

There is no guarantee that all of your coursework will transfer over. Course credit will be evaluated on a case by case basis.

CPP does have a resource called the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) where students can see course equivalents from 4-year colleges/universities to CPP. However, TES is not comprehensive and transferability of courses will be evaluated once your application has been submitted.

Access TES

CPP only awards credit from institutions that are regionally accredited. Visit our Registrar’s Office website for more information about regional accreditation.

Regional Accreditation

Community College students can transfer in a maximum of 70 semester (105 quarter) units. Students with coursework from all other sources (i.e. 4-year colleges and universities) can transfer a maximum of 90 semester (135 quarter) units. You can find more information in our University Catalog under  the “Transfer Policies of CSU campuses” section.

Yes. Passing scores of a 3, 4, or a 5 may be equivalent to course credit. Send your official AP scores to the Office of Admissions.

A student will be considered a first-time freshman as long as all their college units are completed prior to the end of the summer immediately following high school graduation. Once a student earns college units after the summer immediately following high school graduation, they will be recognized as a transfer student and need to meet the admissions requirements of an upper-division transfer student.

No, we do not require essays on the undergraduate CSU application. Admissions requirements can be found here.

Tours & Outreach Events

Yes! Currently, we have daily in-person campus tours Monday – Friday at 9 AM. Please register on our Campus Tour Website.

We also conduct daily live virtual campus tours via Zoom Monday- Friday at 2 PM. Please register on our Campus Tour Virtual Website.

Yes! Please email your virtual tour request to

At this time, we ask visitors to review our Safer Return to Campus website before visiting campus for updates on policies for campus visitors.

Park in Parking Structure 1. Face southwest (towards campus). Walk down Voorhis Cir. and Voorhis Park will be on your right. Walk towards the CLA Building (the tall white building with the big point) and turn left down the path towards the glass building with the silver metal roof. This is the SSB. Walk through the breezeway and enter the east side of the building. A more detailed map can be found here.
East side: Outreach, Recruitment, and Educational Partnerships, Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrars, PolyTransfer, Graduate Studies, Early Start, Student Accounting and Cashiering Services, Bronco Advising Center, Alumni and External Relations.

West side: Orientation Services, Veteran’s Resource Center.

No, you have to pay to park anywhere on campus. When you are parking in Parking Structure 1, you can buy a parking pass at the visitor booth outside the structure or at one of the kiosk stations on floors 2 or 4. A parking pass is $8 for a day which can be found here.

Yes. Rain or shine tours will go on, but we will cancel tours when there is thunder and/or lightning for your safety.

If you would like a CPP Outreach Counselor to attend your school’s event, please complete the “Request an Outreach Representative” form on our website.
You can also find more information about our monthly and upcoming events on our homepage.


Yes, the campus is open! However, please follow at safety protocols employed by Cal Poly Pomona and Los Angeles County Health Officials while you are on campus. Please visit our Safer Return website for more information and updates.

Yes! More information can be found on the Financial Aid and Scholarships website.

Polytechnic translates to our “learn by doing” philosophy, which places an emphasis on hands-on learning by reaching beyond the textbook to provide knowledge through experience. Learn more here.

You can take classes through the College of Extended University which will not count towards a degree.

Our Outreach Counselors don’t usually help prospective students pick their CPP classes. This process happens during Orientation, where students will have the opportunity to meet with an Academic Advisor from their Academic College to help them select the courses they will take at CPP.

Each Academic College has advisors for the majors they house, visit departments here.

For information about Financial Aid, you can visit our Financial Aid website.

Any questions regarding an Admissions decision must be directed to the Office of Admissions. If you would like to appeal your admissions decision, you can complete the appeals form.

Or, contact the Office of Admissions.

You can find information about the majors we offer in our University Catalog (be sure to select the correct academic year)

You can also reach out directly to the department to ask questions about the major you are interested in.

For more information about internships and jobs, visit the Career Center’s website, where you can log onto Handshake and search for student jobs, including those on and off campus.

Ask Us a Question

Ask a Question


Building 121, 1st Floor


(909) 869-3529
Mon - Fri, 8 am - 5 pm