International Students and Scholars Office

Information for J-2 dependents

Information for J-2 dependents

How to Request I-20?

Documents Needed

Important: English translations must accompany any documents issued in a language other than English.
  • Sufficient financial documentation 
    • Bank statements, letter from a bank or sponsor, or financial guarantee
    • Financial documentation cannot be older than six (6) months from program start date
    • Evidence of adequate funding to meet the estimated tuition and living expenses for first year of study (see the Approximate Costs chart below).
  • Passport
  • Valid I-20 from current institution (if applicable)

Approximate Costs

  • The estimation includes costs of campus fees, books, supplies, room and board, personal expense, transportation costs, and tuition for one academic year.
  • For more information about tuition and fees, visit the Student Accounting & Cashiering Services website.
A spouse requires an additional $5000 and a child an additional $3000 of support.
  Undergraduate Graduate
Living Expenses $20,732 $20,732
Tuition & Fees $17,818 $16,084
Total $38,550 $36,816

  1. Login to I-20 e-Request using CPP username and password
  2. Follow instructions and fill out the request form 
  3. Upload following:
    1. Sufficient financial documentation 
    2. Passport
    3. Valid I-20 from current institution (if applicable)
  4. Click "Save/Submit"
  5. Allow 5 business days for ISSO processing 

  • After successfully submitting the I-20 e-Request form, you will receive an email confirmation.
  • If your application needs additional documents, you will receive an email from the ISSO. 

After Submitting I-20 e-Request

1. Review Pre-Departure Checklist

Follow the Pre-Departure checklist and complete all required steps before traveling to the U.S.

2. Prepare for Arrival at CPP

Review Arriving at CPP and prepare for your arrival in CPP.
CEU Footer